- The Republic of Indonesia is the world's largest archipelago, spanning over 3,000 miles.
- This Southeast Asian island chain of over 17,000 separate islands is the fourth most populated country
in the world and the largest Muslim country?
- Although Bahasa Indonesian is the official national language, the country's rich mix of cultural heritage
and tradition makes Indonesia home to more than 50 distinct ethnic groups speaking over 250 distinct languages.
- Located Southeast of mainland Asia and Northeast of Australia if a map of Indonesia was placed over a map of
North America is would span from New Foundland, Canada to the southwest coast of California, USA.
- Once the stronghold of Dutch and Portuguese colonialism, Indonesia has been an independent Republic since 1945.
American-Indonesian Cultural & Educational Foundation
c/o Morelli & Gold, LLP
100 Park Avenue, Suite 1600, New York, NY 10017
©2005 American-Indonesian Cultural & Educational Foundation Inc., All Rights Reserved website design: PolarSoft® Inc.